Wednesday, June 3, 2009

06/01/09: Not sure which language is read bottom to top, but that's the way these pictures showed up. Bear w/ me as I learn how to order pics the way I want to tell the story. For this entry, please scroll down to the bottom and read from the bottom pic up to this pic of a boy & his dog.

And here's the boy and his dog. My brother took the dog for a walk while we were out pedaling. We met up w/ him so the boy could play w/ the dog. I guess some things are the same regardless of which State you're in - love between a boy and his dog. Perhaps I should apologize to my kids (2 sons & 1 daughter) for never having a dog. Honestly, at that time, it came down to providing snacks for the kids or dog food for a dog. I gave the choice to the kids. They always chose snacks. My oldest received a dog along w/ taking a bride. My last 2 say they are going to get a dog. If they do I know they will be good pet owners.


And here's me w/ the crew sans Dad, who's taking the pic. Again, thank you, Andy.


Here's the crew standing in Andy Griffith's driveway on the OBX. I kid you not! We all are related to him (cousins) so we took family liberty of making this pic in his drive. THANKS, ANDY! I met him once. In a pharmacy on the OBX. He was not as pleasant as he seems on "The Andy Griffith Show". Maybe he was having a bad day.



Self protrait made by my Dad.


Here's the view from my rear view mirror: bringing up the rear. Hey, I can see my camera in the mirror, too. Kind of like life, eh? I can see where I've been, but have to have faith for where I'm heading.


This is us pedaling down the street. You've met the back of my daughter in an earlier post :-) We had a great trip. I wanted to take a pic of a full sailed sail boat on the Sound, but couldn't locate public property to make a stop on this jaunt. All in all we traveled 7 miles. I feel sad for the bottoms of my family members. I would not be able to ride one of those bicycle seats that far.

Here's Papaw on MY trike. My Dad. I believe he will either build one of these or purchase one. He's definitely hooked and thinking about all the ways to tweak this machine.


Here's Mamaw on my trike. My Mom. I think this fits her very well. She looks happy and comfortable!


Here's the boy on MY trike. The boy/man will be 16 yo in 2 mos. He's not excited about turning 16 b/c that means he "has to go back to school b/c summer vacation will be over". Smart kid. The boy led our triking venture this eve. At the end of the outing he took me deep into the woods where he and frds go quading (this is officially a new word now). OMW, it was totally cool! My trike was too wide to fit through some passes, so the boy dismounted his bike and manuevered me around on my trike to safety. Then he chose to push me through the other recesses of the quad paths. At one point a fallen tree stopped us. The boy said he'd move it. Yeah, right, I mean this was a TREE, not a branch off a tree. I guess all the weight lifting for football paid off. The boy moved the tree, then proceeded pushing me, on my trike, around the quad course. I hope we can return there before I head out of NC.


START HERE! My daughter and I are in NC. This is the inside of my Element packed w/ our luggage & trike/bike. We ended up having room for the front passenger seat to recline enough for resting during traveling. I drove the 1st day since daughter was sick. We stopped twice, soon after leaving our home, to allow her to vomit (I can't find a more descriptive word) on the tall grasses on the side of the interstate. She alway felt much better afterwards. On Mon afternoon we arrived at my parents' place on the OBX (Outer Banks of NC). Daughter will spend time visiting w/ her grandparents (& uncle & cousin) while I spend time w/a dear friend just over an hour away. This trip was daughter's idea. She wants opportunity to get to know her g'rents and for them to get to know her more before she moves away. This young woman has a wonderful heart.











No comments:

Post a Comment