Saturday, May 30, 2009

05/30/09: Terrific weather & 6+ miles!!

My new sunglasses -- very cool, eh? They fit perfectly over my eyeglasses, so I can still see where I'm going.

Promised (& permitted) pic of tall, dude PT on my trike. I can lift the trike in/out of my Element now, thanks to Scott.
Trike (that is a verb now, for you grammarians out there) was s'posed to be just to pick up a Rx for my daughter. But, the weather was so incredibly amazing I couldn't head right back home. Meterologist predicted T-storms for today; I bet he still has his job, again, despite being correct only about 50% of the time.
I triked down some neighborhoods I haven't been in for a long time. Mostly condo & rental areas. Not sure I could permanently live that close to others. I live pretty close in my neighborhood, but at least my walls don't join up to someone else's walls. Although, there would be the benefit of a quick "run around the wall" to borrow a cup of sugar :-)
What a beautiful day. And it was a pure surprise. I dragged myself out of bed right before 2 pm. I guess I should've opened the blinds and looked outside instead of believing what I was reading online. Better yet, I should've gone to the door and stepped outside. Ah, but there's always another day to do that.

As I was triking (have I used all the grammatical forms of "trike" in this post?), I kept uttering "Oh, My Word" (OMW) in reference to how completely spectacular the weather was today. My dear friend, Julia, always exclaimed, "Oh, my word". Her earthly birthday is approaching. I miss her. She's a grandmother now and has two son-in-laws. I know she is very pleased with her daughters. And she'd be thrilled for her husband who is teaching rock climbing classes and traveling anywhere there are mountains.
I'll be triking out of state the next few days - can't wait to share those adventures w/ you. I dream about triking across the country raising awareness for some charity. I think I need stronger legs first. HOWEVER, I moved into 3rd gear today. That was sweet! I had my triked tuned (say that 3 times quickly) last week. The gears shift much smoother now. And I can shift between the 3 speeds (I know that isn't the correct term). There's like a total of 27 gears or speeds (?), I think. I do not know the shifting lingo. When I say "3", I reference the tiers on the large chain holder in front of me. There is a chain holder on the back tire, but I think it is not as big as the front, large thing. I guess I don't know for sure b/c I can't see it when I'm pedaling. See, I told you I do not know the language. Please feel free to educate me :-) And the trike tuner switched my gear shifters to the opposite sides. That helps a lot! In the original position my right hand was doing most of the shifting. My right thumb is mostly useless, unless I want to experience pain. Someday, whenever I determine, I'll get a joint replacement in that thumb.
Well, I'm signing off because tomorrow I will not remain in bed until mid-afternoon. Those days only come once in a blue moon or when the weather person predicts t-storms and I don't have to pop up for appts.


Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment