Friday, June 12, 2009

Fri, 06/12/09: 13 miles Now I know I can finish a 25K "biking" event. My 1st one is scheduled for July 12th.

I forgot my camera today :-( There was a variety of tree pollens floating through the air and accumulating on the grounds. I kept my mouth closed tightly to avoid inhaling those irritants. Even though an allergy irritant, the scene was pretty. Reminded me of blowing snow at times.

Today's ride was one of serenity. Everything was so beautiful. I kept reminding myself to "just notice," "pay attention" to the colors, such vibrant colors. I guess this afternoon was a partly sunny day. A rain front was moving into the area, but between the clouds the sky was amazingly blue. I hope you make time in your day to "notice" and "pay attention" to the colors, sounds, & scents. Things I take for granted, often breeze right by, and never notice how much GOD blesses us with art.

There were a few people out & about on the trails today. I exchanged "hellos" with strangers and friends. From my house, I entered the trail and went over the foot bridge, then under the Washington St bridge, through the woods, around the lake, back along the trail all the way to the bypass, around the streets by the apartments, along 57, then zoomed down Luray hill (24 mph) to home. That was a good outing.

On the return trip crossing the foot bridge, my R ankle started whining. I noticed that it felt like metal. I have no idea what metal really feels like in my ankle, but that sensation is what I imagine metal feels like underneath skin and screwed into bones. It seemed like the metal was doing the motion on the pedal, not my foot muscles. Odd. I promised it drugs when we got home and then took the longer way b/c I need to train for this upcoming 25K event. Plus, my concession was to promise my ankle not to have to climb any hills on the way home, which meant taking the longer route. We made it. Funny how my ankle, well that entire right leg actually, feels separate from me. I guess that's how I view it. Sometimes it requires thought and effort to coordinate me w/ that leg.

By taking the longer route I saw Peter Rabbit again. I believe this is the same one mentioned previously. The vicinity is between the river and a street I use to frequently run. Perhaps there is a family of rabbits who reside in the stretch of woods b/t the street & river.

Here's a joke I heard today. Do you know what psychopharmacology means? The suffix - ology, means "the study of". The prefix - psycho, means "dealing w/ the psyche/mind" or in slang, "just plain weird". The root word - pharm, usually means "medication". Hence, the study of medicines for the mind. However, if one is hearing this word for the first time and not actually seeing it written, the root word sounds like "FARM", meaning where animals are raised. In that case, psychofarmacology could mean "the study of just plain weird farm animals". If you're not laughing hysterically, I guess you just had to be there when I heard two girls having this conversation this morning. I roared w/ laughter - couldn't contain it. It still cracks me up everytime.

I worked hard in PT this morning. A lot of upper body & core strengthening. One of my play goals in PT is to balance completely on the physioball keeping all limbs and fingers/toes off the ground while I lay face down, curled around the ball. One on my aides can do it, so I'm gonna conquer it, too.

I had a great day! I kept a visit going all day w/ GOD. I guess I don't have to know the outcome of life events; I just have to have faith, keep moving forward to that prize, and offering praise to GOD in all things. Even the difficult things. When life stinks. I've been through enough stinky life to know that when I step out of GOD's way, the outcome is better than I ever imagined. I also know that faith gets stronger through the stinky days IF you CHOOSE.

Blessings Abound!
~A~

1 comment:

  1. Life is full of choices, isn't it? How I approach my choices is something that has really hit home the last 4-5 years. Angie

    ReplyDelete