Thursday, June 25, 2009

06/25/09: 5 miles. HOT day! Glad I got an "early" start :-) Today's triking pics and musings are a tad different from previous posts. I'll start w/ last night (Wed). Insert: all people pictured in my postings have consented to being in these blogs. Now, back to last night. My frd, L, invited me to join her at one of her ballroom dance class lessons (she is the female in yellow). Dude is her dance instructor. While we didn't ride b/trikes to the dance class, we did ride in my Element, which eats every bug w/i a 10' radius of the windshield. Can you imagine that many bugs splattering onto your face while triking at night -- ugh! Perhaps I should take a pic of my windshield b/f I wash it - it is nas-ty! But, isn't L beautiful & graceful??


I felt a bit disoriented upon waking this morning. I couldn't get my head in a groove to figure out what to do first. NO WHERE on my list of possibilities was triking! But, that's where my spirit led me - out into the garage and onto the trike. My frd, above, left a book in my vehicle so I decided to take it to her work place in town: my chiro's ofc. ON my trike vs in my Element. So, at 10:24 am ..........

............... the outside temp was already 93 degrees F!!!. Who in their right mind goes traipsing off on a trike in that kind of heat??? Me. I was the only person that I saw out on a trike. However, I encountered several people taking slow walks. Very slow walks.

Today's front desk lady, L, posed for proof that I was there :-)

Then I hopped back on the trail and went downtown to The Health Store to get my joint lubricating meds. They even have a new tea for joint health - I'm gonna try it out in the morning along w/ the glucosamine chondroitin & concentrated cherry juice. They have a new bedtime tea, also, which I'm going to try tonight w/ the glucosamine & cherry juice. M, the worker (perhaps he owns the store??), was intrigued how I got there, so I took him outside to show him my ......

........ trike. And off he went. His Dad was there, too and they were having a conversation about holiday gifts looking like trikes as I left. I shared terra trike's business cards w/ them. Dad suggested I set up stake in the front window and begin making commission from selling these machines. You never know, maybe I'll become a terra trike rep. GO M!!

Along my merry trike through downtown, I opened the door of the Chamber ofc and called out for my frd, K, to come visit me. I didn't even have to get up from my trike to open the door. How "handicap accessible" is that?? K's been ultra busy lately fielding calls about our local "illegal alien" (aka: Little Mermaid). The little one was still on her perch as I triked by her twice this morning. If you're ever in town, stop by the Chamber and say "howdy" to K. She knows our town inside & out.


As I was crossing the foot bridge this morning there were many tire tracks (from bikes) on the freshly stained boards. I noticed that I didn't like following someone else's tracks; I prefer setting my own track, so I rode along the edge where no one had dared to go before (like that's a new revelation to anyone who knows me!) Sometimes it is too easy to go w/ the flow: nothing ventured, nothing gained. Often times it seems "we" (the collective us) go about living "w/ the flow" - talking like others, walking like others, dressing like others, believing like others - not slowing down inside ourselves to see who the I AM is. I guess I mean that in two ways: 1) the me -- who am I? What do I really believe, think, want, need, etc? Not what necessarily "fits in" w/ the mainstream; and 2) the I AM - Jehovah Yaweh. How would we live if I AM was all that mattered? Could we get a bit adventureous and get out of the rut on the foot bridge? Could we jump off the edge of the cliff believing I AM is everywhere? Not only "could" we? But, WOULD we? Do you have that kind of faith? To walk to the beat of a different drummer? To travel the path less traveled. To take the high road while ye take the low road? To walk through the briars and high grasses versus walking the highway everyone else is on? Yeah, that's the kind of faith I want to live. If you want to find me, usually it's where few people are tredding (or triking). And it is pure joy when "we" encounter each other off the beaten path.
A path, I sure as heck, didn't plan to travel led me to meeting the lady in the final pic for today. She was my 1st speech therapist when I was in a rehab hospital last year. S spoke & understood my language. I felt validated today when she affirmed that she can detect lingering TBI effects in my facial muscles, which affects my speech. She gave me some new exercises to do (Sorry S, I only remember one - email the others to me). The one I remember is to make spit balls and blow them through a straw. How fun will that be?? I cannot wait to be around someone and tell them that they are my target for speech therapy!! If you walk into my house and see spit balls all over the walls please invite me to get outside a bit more. In fact, gently take me by my hand (left one hurts less) and guide me out into the sunshine. S & I planned to meet today (nope, I didn't trike there) - first time we've seen each other since in-patient days. See? Even when you go places you never imagine going, wonderful people enter your life. Sometimes just for a season. And that makes the season so much more endurable until we get THERE, all together, as we sing our song joyfully....

Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment