Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sun, 05/17/09 < 2miles

I cannot believe it is June 17th already. Seems every so often I "wake up" and realize a chunk of time has passed (again). I wonder if this is peri-menopause or TBI or both.

Today, I ate heartily after returning from church, then sat on the couch w/ my daughter, to watch "Chocolat," which was on TV. Next thing I knew I was waking up 3 hrs later! Another thing I cannot believe. That's the 1st time I've napped that long and w/o Lunesta or any of the myriad other sleep aids I've tested in the past many months. My daughter said I must have been tired. Guess she was right. When I woke up, I triked to the movie rental store to return "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Being outside felt good, but for some reason, I wanted to hurry back to be inside. I'm learning that when I resist what I "need" to do, I don't feel good about myself. Spend too much time second guessing. What a waste of energy- just be true to what you know you need, in the first place.

While I was out, I was reminded of an old joke as a V-formation of geese flew over my head (thank goodness they didn't drop any bombs on me). Do you know why one side of the V-formation is longer than the other side?
.........................................................................................................................................................................
more geese on that side. HA HA I chuckled when I observed the truth to that joke this evening.

Tomorrow (Mon) is my 1st solo drive to physical therapy. Maybe that's why I want to be inside more, some anxiety about being "out there" and vulnerable. I'll work through this, but I do have to be honest and admit that this is tough work. When I was a teenager taking my first trips alone, I felt quite confident and invincible. Age informs me there are many over-confident teens out there driving now. However, the man who hit me is close to my age. I wish I knew why he was in such a hurry. I may never know, but I've learned a huge lesson: nothing is important enough to hurry somewhere in a wreckless manner. Passing vehicles on an icy road in blustery weather. Not safe. I hope he is well. If you ever cause another person harm, please, at the very least, send them a card letting them know you pray for their healing. I pray for his healing - if he's human, his heart has to grieve. If he is "not" human, then I pray that he becomes human and grieves.

Last summer, I was significantly more impaired w/ mobility; using a platform walker and learning to walk w/ a cane. I also relied on a wheelchair when outside my house. This summer, I'm finding that I have to choose activities so to not overtax my endurance. My R leg/foot seem to only be able to sustain so much use. I look forward to what next summer will bring. At least I'm walking (still w/ a cane when out of my house) and TRIKING this summer.

Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment