Saturday, May 23, 2009

(I typed this in another document yesterday. While I did not do any triking yesterday [or today], this post is related to my trike. Plus, I think it shows another element [yes, that's the type of vehicle I drive] of this journey I'm on.)

TGIF 05/22/09

16 months post accident today. When I initially realized this I was relieved for the explanation of why I hadn’t been sleeping well lately, despite Lunesta (the little, blue butterfly pill - NOT that other kind of little blue pill). I hadn’t even thought about today’s anniversary.

I am making contact w/ a 20 yr younger woman from town re her journey from a “near-fatal” auto accident on the same road, one yr, nearly to the date, of my accident. I hope to see her tomorrow at a family celebration. (Update: I did meet her and her husband. We plan to visit again soon - this will be good for all 3 of us.)

I think the two, aforementioned, events influenced the flood of tears spraying from my soul this evening.

And, in today’s mail was a huge envelope from my attorney, which produced a 1” stack of court proceeding paper workings. Reviewing it made me sob. So many people were/are affected by that accident. My heart hurts b/c of the extent of disrupted lives. Fortunately, for my family, we are all Believers and this kind of challenge motivates us to be real and struggle through it together, supporting each other.

Plus, today was a great therapy day; I learned how to maneuver my trike into/out of my Element. Hopefully, I’ll remember the correct way to “use” my back, arms, and legs. My Fri PT took a short ride, HA, Dude’s over 6’ tall; his ride was literally short in 2 ways. Trike is built to personal specs: I’m 5’4” on left leg and 5’3” on right leg, so the pedals were a bit crowded and he had to get back inside for the next person's therapy session. I took photos, but will attain his permission and consent b/f posting them here.

I made beef & noodles for dinner. My daughter said wonderful things to my heart – she speaks truth! Another day, speaking of truth, I hope to tell you about a recent conversation she & I had about the inheritance she missed due to me surviving the crash.

Falling asleep
Blessings Abound!
~A~

1 comment: