Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tues, 05/05/09. Painful triking this afternoon; just under 3 miles. Not listening to my body, determined to overcome the pain w/ movement, I triked a few errands in town. A storm front is moving in and I think that combined w/grueling, sweat producing therapy on Mon made my body ache. Turns out that the movement didn't really help. Should've spent more time reclining w/ my legs elevated. Oh well, another lesson learned. Sure I'll forget it though, b/c I LOVE triking!

Adults "casually" comment on the trike when I'm out. Usually a male will comment that the trike looks "interesting". Females don't generally speak out - not sure why, because I'd for sure, be chasing down someone on a trike like mine to ask a hundred questions :-)

Kids, however, again especially males, yell out what a "cool bike" this is and "where'd you get it?" Females kids tend to smile and say "wow". I wish I could purchase a trike for every kid out there walking around. Wouldn't that be "COOL"?

To all, I respond that this is a "fun trike" and "very cool ride". I hand out terra trike's business cards if I'm not flying by the commenter.

I wish everyone could take a ride on this kind of transportation. It is completely GREEN :-)
Today, I used my coccyx pillow (i.e., hemorrhoid donut); it provided extra comfort. Yesterday, I picked up two styles of coccyx pillows. One is larger and more square shaped w/ a "V" cut out where the coccyx goes. I use this one inside, like right now! It is too big (height wise) to use in my Element; it raises my foot off the floor so I'm unable to depress the accelerator w/ my foot, relying only on my toes (not safe). The one I used today w/ my trike is my Element cushion. It is, literally, a hemorrhoid donut. Looks just like it seems it would look. I suppose I could take pics of them and document this phase of recover :-) I'm waiting for my spine dr's ofc to call and schedule an appt. Discomfort is increasing in both ends of my spine. Cervical end had a few fractures from the accident. I wonder if the discomfort is arthritis creaking in. The other end, coccyx, well, not sure why it is more painful. Could be due to unequal use of hip muscles. Spine guy will check it out. Yep, it is odd having someone palpate my coccyx. All modesty went out the window after spending so much time in the hospital and being unable to attend to any of my needs for such a long time. If a dr can touch it and make it feel better, then I'm up for it!

What an odd ending (get the pun??) for this post. Not gonna trike tomorrow; storm may be here by then. I may apply for a meteorologist position someday....

Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment