Saturday, September 12, 2009

This picture was supposed to show up later in today's triking story. I pedaled really fast to catch up w/ the couple riding this tandem. I shared a www.terratrike.com card w/ them so they could check out the terra trike tandems (say that thrice quickly). There are a few tandem bikes in town.


09/12/09: 12 miles on a hot & sunny day. I started out heading to a softball tournament hosted by my U. I guess I didn't read the schedule very well b/c my U wasn't playing when I arrived. So, I decided to trike around that side of town and see the neighborhood. My U is wearing the green t-shirts.



Not far away is one of the apartments I lived in after graduating from this U. Actually, I lived in 3 different apts in this complex. Once as a summer sub-leasor, while married friends of mine were gone; a g/f and I sub-leased from them. Then, same g/f and I rented our own apt. Then, the one below is the one I lived in after mrg.

And, yes, here's proof that I've been to ............
...... this is the name of the apt complex. I noticed, while out triking, that there is now a Woodstock II and a Woodstock III. May be even more; I turned around to meander a different way.
I did eventually return to watch my U play a softball game, which they lost, but seemed to have a good time. I do not know the outcome of the tournament.
Somewhere on the way back to my present apt (not Woodstock) I followed roads which had quaint houses and yards. I think I'm gonna create a scavenger hunt where people have to find all the large animals in this town. Here is a bear carving in someone's yard. In a totally unrelated neighborhood from the giant cat.

I think I got too much sun today - have a headache that won't go away. Perhaps a storm is brewing. I don't watch tv or listen to the news. Kind of feel like I'm not in the world except for my occasional jaunts onto msn.com. I think I'll venture over to weather.com and see if the barometric pressure is changing - that will make my head hurt. Not the going to the weather site, but the barometric pressure change makes me head hurt. Never been a head-achey person. Until post-accident. I imagine my head slammed violently into the steering wheel milliseconds b/f the airbag deployed. My teeth hurt post-accid, too. Didn't use to. Off to check on the weather...

Blessings Abound!
~A~




1 comment:

  1. I think an animal carving scavenger hunt would be SO fun!

    Love reading about your adventures. Blake and I took a bike ride today and saw a momma deer with twin fawns and then another momma with fawn right by the path. We took pics and they just stood there (Momma watching us and baby eating away at the grass and weeds). But then Blake stepped closer and Momma snorted and stomped so we decided it was time to go.

    Have a great week!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete