Friday, September 4, 2009

09/04/09: Brief update: tired & have tests/papers to evaluate.

On 09/02/09, I triked 12 miles. On back roads, went by the church I attend, and who knows where else. Likely, I couldn't replicate the trip. I saw many fields of soybeans, so seeing a field of soybeans won't trigger my memory of "oh, yeah, I was here". MANY fields of soybeans. Also, cotton. The cotton is just beginning to "ripen". Pretty sure that isn't the correct term. This is a picture of soybeans. I'll take a picture of cotton when it gets whiter.

On the 12 mile trike, I saw a couple different fenced in horse areas. May be boarding places. I was surprised by this since I thought I was still in "the city". I guess "city" is relative. These horses appear to have a great stock of food (underneath the tree).

This morning, 09/04, I triked out by the hospital where my sons were born. I do not remember what it looked like a quarter century ago, but I'm quite sure things have changed.

Since I had to pay attention to the real time this morning, I rode out 15 minutes, turned around at a neighborhood entry, and returned to my apt (all in all 5.5 miles). The hospital is ~ 1 mile from where I'm residing. This is where I currently attend PT. Life is different here. Not better or worse, merely different.



My desire is to be ready to go whenever/wherever GOD opens paths for me to serve. Here, is where I am, for now. I do not see many, any?, runners around here. Whoa, yes, I did see two the other day. Different from where I live in MI. Maybe more will be out when I'm out since the OBX (Outer Banks) Marathon is in November. Time to kick into training gear! Again, I lament that running was easier to get out the door and do than triking. I've resorted to placing a sticky note by my trike so I'll remember all the items I need to take w/ me: camera, water, sunglasses, flag, key, etc. Running only required a key. No place to store the other things. And there were plenty of places to grab a sip of water along the running trails. Different here.
I'm heading to Norfolk tomorrow to spend time w/ four other college friends. I'm looking forward to getting away from campus for a few hours. Norfolk is around one hour from here. Two friends will meet me & W here and then we'll all carpool to our 5th friend's house in VA. Last time I was at D's house (in VA) our babies played in the bathtub together. We each had only one child then.
Blessings Abound!
~A~


No comments:

Post a Comment