Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yesterday, 04/29/09: triked errands mostly on roads, even the main drag through town. Total mileage was ~ 3 or so miles. Stopped at the post office - a man told me of a major biking tour through MI: DALMAC. I spent much time last night researching this event along w/the other events hosted by the Tri County Biking Club (or something like that). I'm seriously contemplating entering a 25K event this summer. I need to contact the organizer and make sure my trike is entry worthy. I know I stopped somewhere else yesterday, too, but I cannot remember....

TODAY, 04/30/09: 1st rain trike :-) I think today was ~ 4 or so miles. I've gotta place a pad of paper by my trike parking place to record miles. That would be helpful for me. I took my laptop downtown to get tweaked - scroll function is not working. There was no rain when I began, but it didn't take long for the sprinkling to start and then the thunder, then the lightning, then the downpour. WOW -- it felt so good. You know, I probably should've sought cover when the rumbles and lightning started, but I'm ready to GO. I'm not gonna go chasing lightning paths to purposely GO, but if I GO in the course of my daily living (or triking or driving or being a passenger), then I'm ready.

I am reclaiming Hwy 57 - the infamous road where many lives are claimed (almost mine). I triked ON it for about a mile today. Vehicle drivers were very courteous. I even saw a cop. No problems. My confidence was increased a hundredfold. GOD is good!!

Riding w/ the computer strapped just behind my head was a bit awkward, but manageable for the short trip. Of course, I took the long way to the computer shop which meant longer awkwardness. Yes, the computer was safe from the rain. Oh well, lessons learned today.

Lessons learned: Rain happens. And that's a good thing. It nourishes Mother Earth and makes all the colors vibrant. You know what else happens, too, don't you? S**t happens. And that's a good thing too, if you choose for it to be. Everyone Poops. We can get bogged down in the messiness & stinkiness (Yep, mine does stink!) of it or we can view it as an opportunity for growth. Essentially, S**t is manure, if processed correctly. And manure is essential to plant growth. Just like when "S**t happens," this can be essential for human growth. It's all choice. I know it isn't always easy to choose " :-) " all the time. Pain produces healing, if you CHOOSE. What's that saying? "No pain, no gain". Truth in simplicity. I'm am thankful for today's rain. I bet if I sat outside I could actually see the plants growing. I bet we each can see each other growing when S**t happens, too.

Blessings Abound!
~A~
PS: I was going to take a picture of Peter Cottontail's descendant today as s/he quickly hopped across my path. But, I wasn't fast enough in getting the camera out. Perhaps there's a way to mount my camera on the trike........

No comments:

Post a Comment