Sunday, April 26, 2009

My traveling companion - I haven't named HER yet.

The pedal modification - one piece. Do you see the "O" ring by the right "accelerator"? That's the pull tab to remove the configuration so someone else can drive my vehicle. I cannot drive anyone else's vehicle (I have a medically restricted DL), including cannot rent a car or use a loaner while mine is being repaired. . . . That right "pedal" is actually a plate preventing me from accidentally engaging the actual accelerator. At some point, in the near future ("near" is relative when dealing w/ systems), the center console area to the right of the actual accelerator will be cut away so my right leg can stretch out for relief.

Sorry this is "crooked" - the modification for the gear shifter so I do not have to use my bum R thumb.


In my Element - this is the other way I get around. "Polished Metal Metallic" -isn't that the most redundant, sorry excuse of a color's name that you ever heard of? I would've called this color - galaxy grey or gunsmokin' grey. I like the latter.
Can you see that road at the other end of the lake? That's my goal to accomplish by the end of July - it is worse than "hell hill" - shorter distance and much steeper. I'll do it - one pedal at a time.


How many turtles do you count on that one log??

This is the view of my right "knee" . . .

. . . and this is the view of my left knee while triking :-)

This is the incredible "zoomer" - I am loving it!

o4/26/09: Sunday. Finally, adding pics, if I figure it out, again. I think I'm getting the gist of it... well, I think not, actually. I attempted cut/paste to arrange the pics in a different order. It is what it is (for now).

I haven't triked lately due to much needed rain. Actually, I think the last trike was last Sun (19th), when I participated in our town's annual Fitness event. There was a 5K run & a 1 mi walk. I registered as a walker, but triked the 5K course. I chatted w/ many walkers, runners, & runner/walkers. A 1st grader, named Alex, who I met at the starting line for the walkers, jogged alongside me for quite a distance. He was quite a chatterer - very friendly guy. His family followed, not too far behind, pushing Alex's younger brother in a stroller. One lady was wearing a light blue, long sleeved t-shirt w/ "Dashing through the snow" written on the back. It was from "yrs earlier"; I think that 5K was in IN in Feb. Makes sense that she dashed through the snow. A man who expressed great intrigue in my trike, as a possibility for his 70-something year old mother (I feel 70+ some days), was running the event b/c his employer pays entry fees for company wellness (Great Deal as fees can accumulate rapidly once you're addicted). Mike, or Sam, not recalling exactly what his name was - we never actually introduced ourselves until we'd finished talking about the trike and his running history. He's lost 500 # - not a typo: FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS. He's not focused on his weight so much now as his fitness. He was one of the runner/walkers I met.

I challenge you to get out there and participate in some charity run, bike, or walk this summer. You'll feel doubly good! If you cannot run, bike, or walk then invite someone to push you in a wheelchair. Get out; get moving; feel the air rushing around your face and into & out of your lungs.
Blessings Abound!
~A~








.

No comments:

Post a Comment