Wednesday, April 15, 2009

04/15/09 Happy Tax Day (Night) - you have a little less than 1 1/2 hrs to get that paperwork to the post office.

I triked to the post office this afternoon to drop off money for the gov't. It was a fast & furious trike b/c I had just a few minutes between arriving home from PT and needing to return home for an appt that didn't transpire (gutter people didn't show - guess they may lose my business). In my rushing about I saw the daughter of our family's adopted g'ma. Grandma Marie died last year while I was in the hospital. She was 98 or 99 yrs old. She was still a spry, alert woman until that last year. She was on my list of "things to do" the weekend after my accident. That was her b'day wkend. She lived in an adult foster care home just a few blocks from me. I stopped to visit her just about every week: taking her for errands (until she disappeared from church one day - someone took her out to eat w/o letting me know -- that was a fiasco, which resulted in her not being able to go to church any more per her family), running, literally, errands for her, polishing her nails, massaging her hands and feet, just loving on her and listening to whatever she wanted to talk about. I don't remember the event of her death - it occured during the "black hole," the 7-wk period that I don't have memory of. It was good to see G'ma Marie's daughter today. We all miss Marie & will do well to live and love as well as she did. She was very ready to go Home. I am, too.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another terrific weather day and several days after that, as well. Tomorrow is the final road test w/my newly modified vehicle. I'll tell you all about it by the end of this week. I'm not as excited about the vehicle as I am about going to the grocery store ON MY OWN.

Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment