Saturday, April 18, 2009

04/17/09 (Fri) The beauty of today's weather was a foretaste of glory divine. Couldn't have been any more perfect.

My goal for today was to trike 10 miles. Did it!

Started out going UP Luray hill over to Marvel (aka: Hell Hill). My trike odometer peaked at 25 mph going DOWN Marvel before I started applying the brakes. I never ran that fast :-) IRunning down hills can hurt more than running up hills. Circled around the lake twice then went onto the trail to home. I took pics -- will work on getting them onto a post by Sun eve -- quite incredible pics, if I do say so myself. I won't describe them now.

I plan to participate in a fitness day here in town this Sun. You can either walk 1 mile or run 5K. Well, I rec'd permission to trike whichever path I want. IF the weather isn't wet, then I hope to go for the 5K, just b/c triking 1 mile won't take any time at all.

Back to today (Fri) - I chatted w/ many interesting people on my trike: a young family w/ Dad pushing one of the kids on a trike; a mom and 3 young kids out picking up garbage on the trail; a man who was completely intrigued by my trike (he was on a BIcycle); two men working in a yard wondering how fast my trike could go (25 mph down hill otherwise, as fast as my legs can make it go); a newly married woman who is also new to town (she moved from Kansas. As my good friend, Wendy would say about her being from Kansas, "Bless her heart"). I have a rear view mirror on the left steering hand thingie, which permitted me to observe many people turning around as I passed by them. This trike is awesome. I contacted someone from our local newspaper about me doing a volunteer column on the "unsung heroes" in town, like the mom and 3 kids cleaning the trail. I have the higher up name to contact next..... you never know what will transpire. I envision interviewing the ordinary people who use the trail in town - everyone is a hero to someone. We don't hear about these folks often enough.

I visited friends tonight who have encouraged me through the maze of legalities from being severely injured in an auto accident. The husband is a quadriplegic now from an auto accident about 5 yrs ago. I shared pics of my trike and new vehicle (again, will post pics by Sun eve). He has an electric 3-wheeler. Perhaps the three of us will hit the trail sometime this summer.

It is tomorrow already (Sat the 18th). I will be back.............

Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment