Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1, 2010. 11 miles

HOT weather. Too hot to have been out, perhaps. But, oh well, 11 miles done.


Tobacco is growing in NC - it is on the other side of that dirt path.

My friend, R, a self-professed "non-athletic white boy" rode w/ me today. He's from MD and is completing his first year at the college where I presently reside. R plans to attend a college, "back home" next year and do as much commuting, as possible, via bicycling - so, he's building up his endurance. Today's 11 miles is his new PR. We both leave NC very soon.




While riding we came across a man-made small lake. Various geese were around the lake. This fat duck was sitting in the grassy area when R & I pulled over for a water break. We believe this duckooster is a combo duck & rooster. The bill part looked like a rooster's bill.


Here's the lastest update on the house being built by the river. Its personality is beginning to form.

When I returned to my apt, after the ride, it made sense to wash my vehicle before showering. Not only did I wash my vehicle, but I washed a student's vehicle, also. This college has a rule that students cannot wash their vehicles on campus. Being that I am not a student, I washed the student's car. It was nasty!! Not any longer :-)

When I came into my apt, setting up my computer to update this blog a MOSQUITO bit me!!!! I am not ready to deal w/ mosquitoes. This one will not bother anyone else.

So, what did I learn today? I really miss running. It is much easier to do than pumping up tires, collecting all the gear (helmet, sunglasses, water, flag,) and getting it out the door and then back in the door.

I also learned I am easily bugged. I guess I knew that. I allow little things to accumulate, then the next little thing really annoys me. After cleaning my vehicle: washing, detailing, & drying, some students decided to use the waterhose by my apt to clean themselves off from birthday party gone wild. Well, the party gunk was sprayed onto my clean vehicle. I refilled my little green kitchen trash can and took it, w/ the cleaning supplies, out to them to clean my vehicle as they were hurrying into the residence hall. I do not mind good, clean fun, but I get bugged when people don't bother cleaning up after themselves. I always went the extra mile and did more than required when my fun interferred with someone else's space.

Maybe it's a generational difference. I dunno. Perhaps my isolated, small segment of the world is skewed. Young people seem to do just enough to get by, to fall under the radar screen. The highest goal seems to be acquiring a "passing grade" with as little, as possible, required from them. Granted, there are some who "give of (their) best to the Master," yet many more seem to give what's left-over after they get all they want (selfishness). And to all of us who do not require their "best" - SHAME ON US!

I guess I am sounding off today. The heat was hot today - it may be contributing to my frustrations. I do not like "good-byes". I do not like "leaving". Damn computer just truncated where I was in emoting! Grrrrr. I do not like ending books or chapters. I fear I haven't learned all I need to learn in order to move on. I guess I just need to "go w/ GOD", trusting GOD will continue offering opportunities for me to learn what is necessary/needed.
I still don't like it.
Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment