Thursday, May 20, 2010

05.19.10 7.4 miles Back on the trail!

(May 28: catching up on this previously started post)
I triked a couple - 3 or 4 more times, also. Either forgot to take my (new) camera (w/working zoom) OR forgot to use it. And, no idea how many miles - changed my Cateye, but don't recall the number of addt'l miles -- 10 or so.

The 1st trike on the trail included around the lake. I just wanted to see everything that was there. At the lake, a worker told me they are constructing a winding trail up a cleared hill. One or two houses use to be there, if I recall accurately. I'm glad those people have jobs. Doesn't seem like the best way to use money in these poor economic times.

The other, recent times, I triked was to make my muscles work as hard as possible. I needed to RUN, but obviously cannot. Running would've been much more exhausting and leaving me w/ a sense of release. Triking just does not provide catharsis. Triking is more *fun*; running is EXERCISE - intense, engages every muscle, drains the brain.

Speaking of which, I need to make a decision re: "local" gym. I prefer the gym 19 miles from my house - it has "more" options of class times, 3 pools w/ very nice locker room. The gym 2 miles from my house is inhabited by local people. That is the greatest issue for me re: the 2 mile away gym. Not sure I'm ready for local people. Which would I attend more? IDK. 19 miles is not that far, but it will require an investment of time to drive there and back. I can be anonymous there. I can go do what I need to do and leave. Will I use this gym frequently? Will I go to the 2 mile away gym frequently if I do not want to "encounter" local people? A decision has to be made SOON. My body needs the movement exercises.

Numb today. Enough to catch up this post so I can put it out of my mind of things to finish.

blessings abound/.
-a-

1 comment:

  1. Can you do trial memberships at each gym? That way you can try one, see how it goes then try the other and decide after that :)

    ReplyDelete