Saturday, April 17, 2010

04.17.10 SEVENTEEN miles. Light mist of rain for a few miles.

Two modes of transportation. I am truly blessed. Most people of world only have feet for transportation. Once, again, I thot I had the "rule" figured out for uploading pics in "correct" order - wrong! Thought this angle was clever -- recycle - get it?
Friend, R & her dog, Pepper, joined me on a 17 mile tr(b)ike ride this morning. I think Pepper burned as many calories as R & I. She shook from fear (rain, wind, etc), as well as produced muffled growls at other dogs on the trail.
We tr(b)iked the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail (I think it is technically in VA). Turns out that this morning was a 1/2 marathon event on this trail. I think it'd be a totally boring 1/2 marathon as it was an out & back run. Flat (good for timing) & much of the same visuals (road, canal on one side, fields on the other side). We passed the tail end of the final runners/walkers.
I am always amused by the line of porta-potties at running events. Seemed to be plenty of places where someone could've peed into the canal w/o having to wait in line.
The welcome sign:
Had this sign pic saved in the proper position, but for some reason blogspot wanted it sideways. Note: BEAR alert!
This is the only bear I saw this morning:
And here's proof that it once walked on the trail :-)
Blessings Abound!
~A~








No comments:

Post a Comment