Monday, April 5, 2010


04.03.10 - 10 miles of tr(b)iking + a smoothie & a frappe

My daughter (who resides in CO) & I tr(b)iked 10 miles today. Took a few hours. The only destinations were the "castle" & Muddy's. The goal was to enJOY each others company. That we did, extraordinarily!
I think this tree's blooms were white last week.
I've seen these yard ornaments for a long time. Finally took the occasion to ride into the owners' circular drive. Knocked on the door to get permission to photo their art. No one answered, so I shot the birds and fled! Fast, spinning out of the gravel drive.
Oh, this was a rare (I HOPE) & unexpected find. I think it was already dead before I ran over it, then backed up to see if it was what I thought it was. And it was. Oh my word! And it appears it was filled w/ love at the final moments. Unrequited love? Suicide? WEIRD!
The eagle at the beginning of this post is another yard ornament; been keeping my eye on this bird for a long, long time. Again, went up to owner's door. Knocked. A man unbarricaded his door, listened to my request, granted permission, then locked, what sounded like, a dozen door locks. Good thing this eagle keeps guard, too. I've always wondered what the top view of an eagle's wings looked like. Scripture says "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Is 40:31)
Now, I wonder what is wings like eagles? Mighty, wide spanse? I enjoy the view from an airplane, but not sure I'd like to have the wind blowing through my face and bugs splattering on my teeth. Soaring, though, would be amazing. I also wonder, what about triking and not growing weary? Since I can no longer run, I'd like to trike forever w/o getting tired. My next big goal is 50 miles. But, I think I may be weary at that point. Perhaps not if my hope is in the Lord :-) Walk and not faint? Walking would be awesome, too. I think I can walk and not faint (especially if staying hydrated), but walking w/o pain would be a miracle!! One I don't lose sight of, though. I keep pressing forward.
Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment