Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sat, 07/18/09: Barely 2.5 miles. We got off to a great start. I'm in Indy w/ my oldest son & daughter-in-law. The plan was to ride along Indy's rails-to-trails path. Rode city sidewalks for ~ 1/2 mile to a trail entrance.





My front left tire felt like it wasn't riding correctly. I stopped and sure enough, it wasn't correct. Not only was the tire flat, but we pulled out a small chunk of glass. My guess is that it came from GR yesterday (remember all that glass along the roads?) Son rode back to his house and brought his truck to pick up me and my bike. Then we met his wife back at their house before heading off to a bike repair shop with the trike in my Element. Shop dude said he pulled out a couple more pieces of glass. A few dollars later, my trike is ready to go again. Running is immensely cheaper!

I neglected rotating this pic before posting. This is my sitting on my trike in the back of my Element going to/from bike shop (very close to son's residence). I felt like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies show - on her rocking chair on the back of their jalopy.


Perhaps we'll go for another ride tomorrow. Perhaps a longer ride.
Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment