Monday, July 27, 2009

07/27/09 - It's been over a week since I last triked. We've had several storm fronts go through our area; never know when it's going to rain. Wouldn't you know? While I was on the return to home........

........ rain droplets began to fall. Not too bad; certainly didn't get wet. I love the colors of the flowers in my yard. Rich, deep colors.


Perhaps you've heard the news: We (our town) get to keep "our" lady........... for $3,800. She remains on her perch by the river.


I don't know these people, but I envy them. Running is such good exercise. It strengthens the whole body, works fat off the whole body, allows you to eat any & all you want w/o regard to gaining weight/fat. I always felt refreshed after a run. Nearly always dreaded getting out there to run, but after a mile I was glad I'd made the effort.

Triking is terrific, but it doesn't provide the complete body workout. I miss that. Even though I work hard in PT and pedal hard while triking, something is missing. Haven't put my finger on it yet. As a runner, people didn't comment on how much fun I was having as we passed each other. In fact, people didn't talk to me as a runner. I wasn't even really looking at people when I ran. They were obstacles to maneuver around so I could complete the course. If anyone smiled at me I rarely noticed b/c I was so absorbed in my own thoughts (almost to one mile, can't stop now, dessert later, 1/2 way done, on the home stretch, I hope I remember to do whatever when I get back home, etc). I notice people while triking. Maybe b/c I don't want to hit them or them to fall on top of me or step into my way. I am so low to the ground we could easily get into each other's space. Perhaps b/c I'm low to the ground I'm constantly looking up to make eye contact so we don't harm each other. People always smile when they see this contraption approach. Little kids stop & stare. They literally stop. Sometimes w/ their parent(s) nearly riding over them or falling over them. We notice each other, sometimes stop and chat, nearly always share positive comments.
I'm not really sure what the life lesson is here (my brain is full and I want a break -- nah, I take that back; I've had enough BREAKS). Perhaps that by being more grounded I'm able to make solid connections w/ others. More than "passing on your left" as when running. Some people don't know what that means - they step to their left, right into my path. Back in early Jan 08 I was praying for "a break". Life was utterly insane. I was taking 2 classes in GR: Organic Bio/Chem and Human Genetics. These were the last 2 pre-reqs I needed to admit into the 2nd degree accelerated BSN program. I was also teaching 2 graduate counseling classes at another U in GR. Plus, I was maintaining a full private practice. And keeping up w/all 3 of my kids' college lives/events. I had just witnessed little piggies get castrated. Life was full. Maybe even overflowing. I was sincere in asking GOD for "a break". I never envisioned that GOD would bless me w/ so many "breaks". Not only did my body incur 35+ broken bones, but I have been "off work" for 18+ months now. Life doesn't get any better, right? How have I found such favor from my GOD? The past 18+ mos have been a long healing process (in more ways than physical). I do believe GOD has blessed me w/ a break. An opportunity to take a break from the insane life I was creating. An opportunity to cherish what matters most. An opportunity to be desperate for GOD and GOD alone. That's all that matters. Getting so low to the ground (triking) that I have to constantly depend on provisions from Above.
Blessings Abound!
~A~


No comments:

Post a Comment