Tuesday, July 28, 2009

07/28/09: 9+ miles. No pics. Pedaled hard, sweated a lot. MANY dogs out w/ their owners tonight; all well behaved. Rode w/ J; today she brought home a new puppy of 6 wks and 2 days. J's 10 yo daughter named the puppy, Poochy (something Glory). Cute puppy. I do not have time in my life to care for a perpetual 2 yo "child". Animals never grow into caring for themselves. I don't buy arguments that cats come close. Close, but still no cigar. My kids wanted pets as they were growing up. Knowing that I'd become the caretaker for any pets I inquired whether they would like for us to afford snacks or pet food. They always opted for snacks. Whew! As they became teens and wanted pets I replied that their siblings were like pets - take them out for a walk. I know they each will have pets in their adult lives. And then they'll understand the position I held while they were young. I've told them that I'll gladly attend any of their therapy sessions where they want to tell me how I ruined their lives by not giving them pets as kids.

Sweat is good. Menopausal sweat is like a geyser spewing out of every pore of my skin! I cannot get the temp cool enough tonight. This too shall pass :-)

Today was a busy day. Took a pair of shoes to get a lift placed on the bottom. Repairman was out sick. They told me to return tomorrow. Took another pair of shoes to the hospital that places lifts onto shoes. Insurance pays for a specific number of shoes. No more than that specified # of shoes. Any more that I want modified I have to pay on my own. The repairman place is ~ $25 less than the hospital based place. He wins my personal business.

Living life well involves making difficult decisions. Unpopular decisions. I've never been amenable to popularity contests. I bow out. I do what I believe is the right thing b/c it is the right thing. Not because of what others want to manipulate or persuade me to do b/c it is convenient for them. Well, this morning I gave it to my insurance claims adjustor over a matter. Not a life or death matter. In retrospect, I am choosing to believe that this "giving in" on my end will ultimately benefit me. I will remind her, when necessary, that I conceded to her on this circumstance. She will not play w/ me and bend the laws of what I'm entitled to b/c I faithfully paid my auto insurance.

Remember, if anyone is reading this, the premise of this blog was to hold myself accountable in this journey of healing/recovery. The physical healing is "simple" compared to the mental, psychological, emotional healing aspects. Taking a pill reduces &/or eliminates physical pain. I haven't yet found a pill that reduces &/or eliminates the spiritual pain & suffering. I told someone this afternoon that I am grateful that GOD allows events into my life that keeps me desperately dependent upon GOD and GOD alone. I choose to remain in the "shadow" of the Lord GOD, Almighty (Psalm 91:1). If I remain in the shadow, 1) I am protected; 2) I don't run ahead of GOD and "fix" things, I wait to move with GOD; and 3) nothing comes out of my mouth or life that hasn't been covered & authorized by GOD. I'm living life in the shadow, not hiding, but rather abiding.

Good night!
Blessings Abound!
~A~

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to not getting cool enough due to the pause. Angie

    ReplyDelete