Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday, 11/03/09 = 7 miles
Saturday, 10/31/09 = 16 miles

I know I've triked since 10/03. Guess just been too focused on training and not recording. Or perhaps I recorded and it's lost out in cyberworld.

THE EVENT is this coming Sun, 11/08 @ 7:20 am. I'm really thankful the organizers are permitting me to participate. Two from a bicycling group will ride w/ me to provide support. I guess I'll have to give the details once the event is completed. I cannot comprehend it yet. All I know is that I will be triking at the lead of a marathon. My finish time will not be computed against the runners' times; I have an advantage over them :-) This is their event. I get to "play" during this event - not race the person in front of me.

I am a tad bit anxious. I need to stay well in front of the runners and not get in their way. Imagine running along, in a "zone", and then BAM! falling over a slow triker. Wouldn't be good.

Following are some pics from last 2 trikes. Fall is here.

My friend, B, rode w/ me on Sat. This ride was for leisure; I didn't make B race w/ me, as I do w/ my frd, F.

This is a really cool house. Pink paint. Sublte pink. Very classy. And the pumpkins were not your typical round, happy pumpkins. These were bumpy, knotty, hardy.



This is a holly tree. Right now the berries are orange.

This family went all out in making their fall decos symmetrically organized. Several other displays adorned their yard. A bit OCD, but beautiful to gaze upon. "Today's catch" will return. This fishing boat was departing out to sea this morning. I imagine it will return w/ this evening's dinner.

Gotta take my trike back to the cycle place in town. They did a "tune-up" last week. The repair person said he does not want to work on my trike again - "too complicated" "took too much time". He got paid for his time. I cannot believe people complain about getting business!!!! Well, something in that tune "up" is causing my trike to function "down". I will take it back and get the major squealing out of my R front tire (huh, that's my limb that doesn't function so well - ha). There was zero squealing pre-tune-up. This squealing is so loud I want earplugs. Not good.
Oh, one more thing. As I was returning to home base, a work crew was demolishing a house. One of the men commented, "That thar looks like a real nice ride." Yes, it is (sans the squealing).
Blessings Abound!
~A~

No comments:

Post a Comment